Thursday, January 03, 2008

Quick Update on DWC

Hello from a hotel lobby in Dallas! We're a little sleep deprived but yet underway and going on day 2 of Conference. The 750+ students from all over the Red River Region arrived yesterday and last night had their first meeting where our speaker explained the theme of the conference..."Convinced".

"What if I really believed? How would my life be different if I was truly persuaded that God loved me? That the almighty creator of the universe loved little me? That knowing Christ alone makes me acceptable to God? That I am called as a minister of the Gospel...now, not just when, or, if I get it all together? What would it be like to live secure in God's love, able to freely demonstrate it to those around me? What if I believed in my heart that Biblical truth could absolutely change my life from the inside out? How would my life change if I was convinced?"

These are just a few of the questions students are facing at the conference. I think that God is already starting to move on some of their hearts... :-) Thank you for the prayers!

I'll keep you posted with more info as I can and try to get some pictures up here of the events surrounding the days.

As a side note, have you ever wondered what it's like to be stuck in an elevator for awhile? Jenn and I had that happen yesterday. Yup, for 25 minutes or so, we had the joy of riding the elevator roller coaster without the door being able to open. Yes, the adventures are beginning here in Dallas. I wonder what today holds...

No comments: