Monday, December 17, 2007

Deep Theological Car Ride...

Yesterday on our way back from church, Jennifer and I were just about to pull into our apartment complex when we saw what quite possibly could be one of the ugliest dogs we've ever beheld. It was small, raggedy, and looked like a wet rat. After looking the dog for a few moments, the following conversation occurred...

Me: Boy, that's a pretty ugly dog.
Jenn: (looking at me very seriously) Do you think dogs stink because of sin in the world?
Me: Huh?
Jenn: I mean honestly, did God actually design and intend for dogs to smell so bad or was it a result of the fall?
Me: I dunno.
Jenn: (smiles after a few moments of thinking) You know, cats don't smell...

Yes, our car rides can be full of deep theological thoughts... :-)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'd never thougth of that angle before. Gotta love her & cats, their both so cute!!!~M~