Wednesday, January 16, 2008

We've Got Momentum!

Let me just start this by saying GOD IS THE MASTER OF BREAKTHROUGHS!!!

If y'all have been reading our blog and monthly newsletters for the past few months, you know that Jenn and I have been having a really hard time at raising support lately. Ever since we found out that we were pregnant, it has been incredibly difficult for us to press on in support raising to get to Idaho. We simply just couldn't find believers to share our ministry with. It had felt like we had hit a impenetrable brick wall. Our momentum was minimal at best...most of the time it was nonexistent.

That being said, God has absolutely blew open the doors of momentum the past four days for us. It seems like everywhere we turn He has something new for us. He's opening doors left and right for us to speak at churches and Sunday school classes in the Tyler area. We've gone from having almost nobody to share our ministry with to an abundance of believers we can now try and share our heart for ministry with. It has been simply incredible watching the Lord work these past few days. All we can do is hold on to the momentum and see where he takes us! It's incredible!

Thank you so much for all of your prayers these past few months. God is listening to them and is on the move in our support. Hopefully, we'll get to Idaho sometime soon this spring or early summer. We'll keep you updated on what happens in the next few weeks...THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR PRAYERS!!!

1 comment:

Jason Bowker said...

That is such great news you two! I am so happy! It is awesome to watch you guys grow in your faith throughout this process. Mandy and I are finding out the difficulty in having your heart be one place but be living in another. I can’t imagine doing it for a couple years. I am excited that we will only be 3-4 hours away from each other once we each get where we are going this summer.

BTW…I used you as a sermon illustration this past weekend. I was talking about Paul’s statement in Philippians 1 where he says that whether he comes and sees them or only hears about them, that he knows they are living a life worthy of the gospel. I talked about my freshman roommate and how even though we rarely see each other or even talk, I always know what you are up to because I know your heart for Jesus and I know that every decision you make is concerned with making a difference for the Kingdom. Talk you soon.