Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Christmas Paper

It's been a crazy and hectic week in the Pester household. The last few days have been filled with such strange and weird events, that it certainly doesn't feel like the "traditional" Christmas I'm familiar with. Yup, I'm pretty sure that our circumstances would have made a great "What Did You Do on Christmas Break?" paper in grade school. Here's some of the highlights of the past few days...

  1. Travel SIX HOURS in a car with a caged up and rather perturbed Himalayan cat. (My ears are still recovering from the meowing...)
  2. Spend hours playing with two little nephews whose favorite phrase is "Uncle Jaisen." (Yes, I now know more about the Power Rangers and swords than I would like to...)
  3. Become violently sick on Christmas Eve and as a result have a Christmas Eve dinner of Gatorade and Chicken Noodle Soup. (Yummy...but not what I'm expecting.)
  4. Help stop a forest fire from starting on Christmas Day. (The burn pile got a little out of control at Jenn's Grandparents. Grab your shovels and rakes!)
  5. Watch one of the best movies I've seen in awhile. (If you haven't seen Facing the Giants, watch it!)
  6. Wake up several times the night after Christmas being violently sick again. (Guess I pushed it too much on grandma's food the day before...)
Yup, it's been and interesting but yet memorable Christmas for us. We hope you had a very wonderful (and maybe not so interesting) Christmas celebration!

No comments: